28 Feb 2007

Capelet love

I stashed up on some lovely Debbie Bliss Maya some time ago, and its been sitting there ever since, wondering what I will be making it into.
So, I found the most perfect pattern for it, wound up 2 skeins, and off I went.

Presenting, my version of the Anthropologie inspired capelet

I didn't make any changes as such, just knit the body a slight bit longer before I went into the rib and cast off.
This was a very very easy knit, for anyone out there who wants to try knitting something larger than a hat its a very good one to start with.
I had planned on wearing this at a function I was at on Friday last but it didn't happen. I did wear it over the weekend however, with a long sleeve top underneath, and a red flower pin to close the top.
It needs proper blocking, I only dry blocked it, as in I didn't wash it first.
I was in a hurry at the time.
I even had some Maya left from the second skein!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 14:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That turned out quite nicely! And in such quick time, too! Even though the event wasn't a go, I'm sure it'll get alot of wearing! Very cute!

 
At 17:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh, that's lovely.
Hmmm, another project on the to-do list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home